WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - Seiko Marine Master 300M
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
goodleon_nz
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2003-09-29 09:31
引言回覆

Can you find any equilevant european watches to the subject watch in terms of the movement quality?
The movement in marinemaster is made in japen if i am right.
Will it be more accurate and tough/durable than Omega's ETA?
Brands I can think of are Omega Seamaster, Tag, Tudor..
The price is $80,000 NT more or less.
It is a good topic ..don't you think?
ticman
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2003-10-08 10:54
引言回覆

From what I have learned on web, Seiko MM uses Seiko 8L35 movement. People were saying that this movement is actually the "unfinished and undecorated" equivalent of 9S movement in GS series. As far as I know, the 8L35 movement has components made and assembled in Japan. A lot of people compared Seiko MM to Omega's Seamaster and even Rolex's subs.

Personally, I do think that MM stack up against Omega's Seamaster pretty well, not only the movement itself, but also the craftmanship of the watch case too.

As far as comparing MM to Rolex? I can't tell you, I am in the process of saving up for a Seadwealler. Looking at statistics, MM has the accuracy of +- 15 ~ 25 secs a day; as on the other hand, Rolex's 3135 movements are COSC certified. Those numbers were taken from brochures, judging from the MM that I have, it's running at the same accuracy as my GS.
goodleon_nz
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2003-10-09 05:04
引言回覆

I think Rolex is another step up from Seiko MM level. ( Huge jump, in fact.)
But Omega is quite comparable in this regard.
I've heard of 8L35 too and understood its relation to GS.
I sincerely hope I can move on to Seiko MM in 2 yrs.
And Rolex Submariner in 5 yrs.

U are a diver?

I have a Seiko diver 200M which I use for diving and skiing.
It is rather basic but.....
A very reliable watch and economical.
ticman
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2003-10-09 10:11
引言回覆

I am not a diver, I just like the look of divers' watch plus its WR rating.

Seiko actually makes pretty good watch. I do have 2 other divers, SKX023J and SKX011J, though they are not as accurate as I like, but certainly a good daily beater.

Too be honest, I have heard so many good things about Rolex subs (i.e, its history, long lasting and resale value). However, I was kind of disappointed when I saw one with my own eyes. I went to an authorized dealer and took a look at the Rolies. I was not impress with the claps on the subs, they looked too flimsy compared to the ones on MM. I had my MM on my wrist when I went to the store, the salesperson was quite amazed with the size and thickness of MM (not to mention its one piece casing). I set the MM and SD side by side and compared, it is pretty obvious that MM is a lot thicker!!! I am not trying to put the Rolex down, it's just that I saw in some areas, Seiko does produce finer quality watch especially the casing and logos on back. But anyway I am still saving up for my next purchase Rolex SD, due to the lengendary, rugged movement, helium valve and incredible WR rating. However, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Seiko's diver watch who is looking for a big band for the buck!!
A.M.C.
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-10-12 19:35
引言回覆

Although I have been an owner of Rolex EX1 for years( and I am still loving it very much), I recently bought a Seiko Diver 200M[align=justify]. I agree your comment, the quality of Seiko Diver 200M is beyond my expect, expecially when you compare its selling price to Rolex'. My only concern is that it can not be manually wind. Is that right?
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔