但是請不要害人花冤枉錢
3000美金很多人要賺上2 3個月才有
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2003-12-06 13:22
引言回覆

LKK,

It was my mistake for even mentioning IWC and I knew it as soon as I posted it (rookie mistake). And I have to admit that I wouldn't buy that myself if I had 3000. However, if you ask me to pick a Rolex or an IWC, I personally would still prefer an IWC. But honestly, I think at that range, German brands really bring more value to the table. As for German vs. Swiss, maybe we can start another thread and discuss it there. And I'd love to learn from Mr. Wang about his experience in opening up his watches.

I didn't know if I can get a JLC at that price range. I like JLC and they are very underrated, but I haven't checked out enough JLC to tell you the price. One of the cheaper one that I've seen is Master Reveil and I think that's in the 4000 US range. I like that alarm a lot btw. I can be a spoiled brat sometimes, so my favorite is Master Antoine LeCoultre.

Honestly, I've always been an in-house manufacture guy and that's why I went for a GO. However, I personally don't think all in-house movements are good. Basically, the one thing I don't hear people praise about is Rolex movements, so I'd love to hear your opinion on Rolex movements.

Btw, you mentioned ETA and 7750 has a black out time for adjusting date and it's 10-2. Well, my GO is 8-2. I personally don't find it a big deal, b/c I can always set it in the morning when I wind my watch. Would you not buy a watch because of that?

As for opening up the watch, I'd send mine back to Glashuette if I have to, but again, I'm not going to sacrifice quality for service.

I think it's time for me to retreat, b/c I really don't want to give anyone irresponsible advise as mentioned. All I wanted to do is to give wqz077 an alternate view. I'm very well awared it's a lot of money and I don't think I can save that much in 3 months. 2 months ago, I didn't even want a watch (not to mention spending sooooo much on a watch). I've thought hard about if I should get it (hey, I have a baby boy crying at home for formular too). I was just telling you exactly how I feel about getting a watch. You are talking to a guy who accidentally got into this hobby, b/c he was checking used bicycle on ebay. The same guy got too crazy that he started learning German because of his new found passion. And the same guy spends nights and days just to learn everything about watches. By my response time, you can tell how much time I spend on reading about watches. Do I think I know enough? Absolutely not! The more I read, the more I realize how much I don't know. I'm fortunate enough to meet some really good folks from thepurists to show me the way, and I just feel that I should do the same to other people. Anyway, I'm not upset or anything, but I think I've said enough and made a big enough mess for me to retreat.

Wy02, I should have listened to you. 微笑

Flyback
Omega
分區版面管理員
分區版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2003-12-06 21:35
引言回覆

The pros and cons of this issue are actually two parallel lines, like railway tracks, no intersection at all.

So, why don't we just discuss the watches we like, we love, we desire....

I will concord with you, wy02.

I always admire the people at PMWF, they appreciate every watch, expensive or cheap..

Thank you guys of above, by letting us know a different type of view.
LKK
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期六 2003-12-06 22:53
引言回覆

The best place to buy JLC:(you are in USA so ..)
http://www.collectorstime.com/
Zeetan's IWC price also beats US price..
Just bewared the JLC overhaul price is $500 and up!
(probably 2 or 3 years range......)

Rolex Wang:
http://tw.club.yahoo.com/clubs/Watches_Lover

基本上每家錶廠都有特色環肥燕瘦各取所好
我買過透視背雖然很漂亮可是對我而言
沒什麼用錶太細緻就是不適合我
而且維修太麻煩零件太多
拆來拆去難免留下刮傷
勞力士王還會用放大鏡檢查
只有粗狀的運動錶適合我

以前很多人罵勞力士厚重
看看JLC300米防水錶就知道那個才是厚

勞力士決對不是玩錶人首選
但是我認為絕對是買機械錶的首選(預算許可)
不玩錶的人不須要鵝頸...藍鋼...有的沒的
只要走的準毛病少上山下海沒問題
不過現在勞力士價格已經漲得太離譜
叫人買勞力士也不太對
不玩錶還是比較好
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-12-07 00:21
引言回覆

As much as I don't want to "add oil on top of a fire", my heart itches after reading all of your response. 微笑

Omega, I like your railroad track analogy. You are right, it'll never cross. wy02 just had a vision. haha.

LKK, I absolutely agree with your last post, that's why I want to write back. At the end, isn't it this the unofficial motto of this site? It's all about personal preference when it comes to watches. Most people just want something durable, accurate, and recognition. Someone more anal, like myself, would care about the movement and what's in the movement. I used to be a lot more sporty, and I only look at chrono (hence my login name), but I guess I ended up getting a more dressy watch.

Hey, you mentioned the price of a Rolex is getting ridiculous. I'm just wondering, what would you recommend for this price range? I always like to hear what others say about this, because I had a hard time to come up with something myself. I guess one of my picks would be GO Senator Power Reserve (w/moon phase), automatic, leather strap. Yes, I'm a GO fan. 非常高興
wqz077
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-12-07 02:33
引言回覆

你們買明貴ㄉ手錶...工作時還會帶著他嗎....還是到假日才帶ㄋ....
LKK
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-12-07 03:08
引言回覆

裝白ㄘ 太爆笑
16600只是粗帶的手錶
只要你的手能夠承受的
它都能夠承受
當然戴上一些時間
難免有刮傷
這樣才有感情與感覺
我都戴我的SD著去跑步
有汗臭味水龍頭打開沖洗即可
後蓋綠標我是不拆
以免錶帶撞錶後蓋有刮傷
最好不要泡溫泉
其他無差
買來貢者不是我的習慣

16610這期WatchTime
有詳細介紹
機心3135照片也有
與16600同樣機心
I like 16600 better than Sub!
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-12-07 13:25
引言回覆

I actually prefer wearing it during the weekdays than the weekend. I stay in the office most of the time, and I don't have to do anything but typying (and posting to this board). 微笑 However, over the weekend, I need to move my kid's stroller and other "men" job. I just think it's all about your own judgement and it all depends on the watch that you are getting. If I had a Panerai or Rolex, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. And leather straps vs. steel bracelet is another thing to consider.
swaylone
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-12-07 19:05
引言回覆

Flyback,
自從上次你post完之後我就臨陣脫逃,現在看到你才又想到.
談到Rolex永遠就有最多討論話題.基本上我對勞力士的看法和你差不多,但是我也必須說Rolex還真是一個"完整"錶迷的Must-have.我只有一只datejust型,幸好不必花自己的錢去買,而是父執輩贈送的,少再讓勞力士賺一次.Rolex的市場形象,行銷策略之强毋庸置疑.其歷史背景也有可取之處.說起self winding用於腕錶大家都知道是始於Harwood,但市場並不是很成功.Rolex買下它的專利後再改良才有所謂perpetual問世.就推廣自動錶而言功不可沒.你上次問我的collection,其中我就有一只Harwood.雖然根本不能戴,可是我就是喜歡手握歷史的感覺,不是一大堆"限量複製"錶的假歷史能取代的.說到歷史,Rolex還好不賣弄它的歷史,不像有的廠家明明已經沒甚麼技術,只好把老祖宗的歷史喊得震天價響做為賣點.另外它的oyster case對防水性能的改進也起了示範作用,不然1927年Mercedes Gleitze戴著游過英吉利海峽不會引起這樣多迴響(以前的防水技術還有大殼包小殼的呢).所以除了越賣越貴及太多道上兄弟使用之外,其實也沒啥好挑剔.它的造型數十年如一日不變(Cellini系列例外),不做複雜功能錶款那是它的策略,以前我也對此相當不以為然,現在則不做此想,畢竟那就是它的形象,最寶貴的資產.又近日看到某雜誌行內人說到,其實勞力士都把時間花到機芯的製程,材質,設計改良上,那是肉眼看不到的地方,他們也不會大聲嚷嚷而已.倘若如其所言,我是十分贊同他們所做的努力.最後突然想到看了這麼多中文雜誌,卻從來沒看過有"勞力士專輯"介紹.呵呵...我自然知道原因......
wqz077
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-12-07 19:24
引言回覆

看來大家對勞力士是褒多於貶ㄉ評價....所以知道勞力士應該不是
虛有他響亮ㄉ名號吧...你們會去借錢買表嗎
從之前的文章開始顯示:
4頁(共7頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章