WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - Repolishing it or not?
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
pills
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2006-06-22 00:58
引言回覆

My watch is still under warranty period. Should I go or not to repolish my watch?

My Daytona is suffering from an explict scar (not a line one) on the center link (brighter part) near fliplock clasp. I am very concerned about this.

Is it possible to fix it by RSC? Is it risky? (make more scars by RSC) What is the charge?

Please advise. Thanks.
submariner3135
終極會員
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2006-06-22 01:24
引言回覆

What is your model of Daytona? 116520,116523 or 116528...?

If this scar bothers you very much then you should have your watch repolished. Republishing has less influence on a stainless steel bracelet but has much influence on a bracelet made of 18K gold. I believe that RSC may solve your problem smoothly and it's not risky at all. Now that your watch is still under warrant period, the price won't be too high.

With regards
swlee99
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2006-06-22 05:17
引言回覆

I polish my watch whenever I find a scratch, almost every jewlry store with watch technician can do it, and for free.
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2006-06-22 09:10
引言回覆

swlee99 寫到:
I polish my watch whenever I find a scratch, almost every jewlry store with watch technician can do it, and for free.

You polish your watch whenever you find a scratch?? 驚訝
好快就可以鐵棒磨成針.. 困惑
redsubby
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2006-06-22 13:49
引言回覆

Rolex USA will not polish your watch without having a full overhaul.

I suggest all polishing done by Rolex and not your local jewelry store, no one polishes Rolex watches as good as Rolex service center.

初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-06-23 05:15
引言回覆

[quote="kensan"][quote="swlee99"]I polish my watch whenever I find a scratch, almost every jewlry store with watch technician can do it, and for free.[/quote]

You polish your watch whenever you find a scratch?? 驚訝
好快就可以鐵棒磨成針.. 困惑[/quote]

Don't mis-understand the "polish", it just polish out a very thin layer on top of the surface, with the polishing tools they use, to "鐵棒磨成針", that will probably take forever.

And to polish out a certain pattern like the back of movement(displayed) does take unique technique, but to polish out the minor scratches, it's not a big deal, you can't tell, really.

新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-06-23 05:25
引言回覆

submariner3135 寫到:
What is your model of Daytona? 116520,116523 or 116528...?

If this scar bothers you very much then you should have your watch repolished. Republishing has less influence on a stainless steel bracelet but has much influence on a bracelet made of 18K gold. I believe that RSC may solve your problem smoothly and it's not risky at all. Now that your watch is still under warrant period, the price won't be too high.

With regards

Mine is 116520. I will take it to RSC to polish in order to enjoy the warranty period. Hope that it can be fixed as bright as before.
pills
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-06-23 21:34
引言回覆

I eventually go to RSC to polish the bracelet today.
The technician immediately polish the bracelet for me and I can get it in half hour.
The result is quite satisfactory. The watch is as bright as before. I can't distinguish the difference between the pre & post polishing from my eyes. Hope nothing wrong.
The rolex lady also told me that the technician also activate the waterproof test for my watch though I only told them to polish the bracelet only.

微笑 微笑 微笑
submariner3135
終極會員
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2006-06-24 01:50
引言回覆

Congratulations!!
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章