WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - [討論]Unique & innovative Vs Tradition & Reputation
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-01-27 23:46
引言回覆

Would you rather have something unique (e.g. UN The Freak or Harry Winston Opus 3) or a traditional famous big company timepiece (e.g. PP Calendar or Breguet Tourbillon)?

They are all expensive timepieces, let's not think about the price. Most of us can't afford it anyway, so let's just imagine we are one of those super collectors. 眨眼

If you were given a chance, what would you rather have and why? Is there a special timepiece that you think it's unique and you want to share?

I think there's no black and white to stuff like this, so please feel free to express whatever you feel. You can even say you like both and tell us why.
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-01-27 23:52
引言回覆

I like to have the Freak, and some of those funky watches. I think a lot of them don't look so good. However, some of them are good looking and very innovative. The Freak is one of them. I first thought the hands are just in weird shapes, but I later realized there's no hand. Very unique indeed.
BB
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-01-28 02:34
引言回覆

the shortest answer to your question:有錢好辦事
大部份人預算有限
錢只能花在刀口上
你講的手錶只能看無法買
as893
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-01-28 08:02
引言回覆

Your watch represent your personality. People who like Freak is a "?????". Just kidding, please don't mind, flyback.
Technical innovation and beauty can be co-exist. Technical innovation doesn't have to be drasitc, beauty can also have superior inside. I like to have a watch with both of them. Lange 1815 moonphase is my first choice. With only one day of deviation over thousand years, the unique moon phase display and simple elegant look, I could pass that watch for several generations.
Omega
分區版面管理員
分區版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-01-28 09:23
引言回覆

If money is not the concern at all!! Then I would choose more unique and special watches for my collection.

First of all, these are the watch masters' ingenious design, which might cost life long knowledge for these watches,
Secondly, these watches are scare, it can pass on to generations...

The first watch I would choose is THE FREAK... 非常高興 非常高興
I have seen the watch in Malaysia, I stood in front of the watch and watched it moved for 5 minutes.. so amazing!!!

Maybe I am some what like a freak, but THE FREAK is for the freak like me!!! 非常高興 非常高興 非常高興
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-01-28 10:29
引言回覆

as893, hahaha.. i don't mind at all. I'm a weird guy with weird taste. 眨眼
Well, my basic question is if money is not a concern , then what would you get. And I guess I was looking for answers from the USD 20,000 to USD 100,000. Because if the range is too broad, then everyone would say something like the Blancpain 1735, which I'd love to have too. 裝白ㄘ

My reason for picking those AHCI watches is exactly the same as Omega.
And he's a lucky guy for having a chance to see it in person.

I'll start a personal wish list thread later.... of course "money is not a concern"... there's nothing wrong to be a dreamer.

O, please feel free to respond in Chinese!!!!!
訪客

發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-01-28 13:13
引言回覆

At this timepoint, I prefer watches more "simple" in look, yet sophisticated inside. How about Philippe Dufour Duality? Perfectly in the budget range. Limited to 25 pieces. A masterpiece by an AHCI master watchmaker.

Only wish I could afford it.

Please refer to a well known collector's comment
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-01-29 02:52
引言回覆

Guest, that's a very nice watch. Mr. Dufour is definitely one of the greatest master watchmakers. That dual escapement is absolutely stunning. And if you like the Duality, then you must like the Simplicity too.

Thanks for sharing that picture and link, and to return the favor...

http://www.tp178.com/tg/dufour/dufour.htm

I like simple watches too. At the same time, I can't resist watches like the Freak. 微笑
訪客

發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-01-29 08:53
引言回覆

I do like the Simplicity. However, too sad, it costs more than 1,000,000 NT dollars. 難過 Besides, there is a waiting list to be fulfilled for probably 2-3 years. 眨眼

If I winned the Lotto, I certainly would get the Simplicity and Duality both. 眨眼
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔