就算你的下一代不懂錶
也一定瞭解ROLEX的價值
在急需時也比較幫的上忙.... 嘲笑
compalzen
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-12-29 23:14
引言回覆

We've tried our best to provide anything we consider good for our kids, including education. But what else? This is what we've been thinking recently.

We also think the ref 5059 is stunningly beautiful, but is it worth that sum of money? We can afford it, but don't want to be a fool!

Thanks very much for all of your contributions!
seal
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-12-29 23:31
引言回覆

儿子老了再传孙子吧 耍酷
jenhkao
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-12-30 00:02
引言回覆

我每天沉迷於 watchbus, 我兩個小孩已經認為看手錶是壞東西了. 難過
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-12-30 09:24
引言回覆

jenhkao 寫到:

I've got the the same situation here!! My wife and kids hate watches now. 非常生氣 非常生氣 非常生氣
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-12-30 10:04
引言回覆

compalzen 寫到:
We've tried our best to provide anything we consider good for our kids, including education. But what else? This is what we've been thinking recently.

We also think the ref 5059 is stunningly beautiful, but is it worth that sum of money? We can afford it, but don't want to be a fool!

Thanks very much for all of your contributions!

I have been thinking the same. But, I concluded that an expensive watch might not be the best gift to pass on:

(1) Who knows what the world will become in 20 years? Technologies will advance far beyond our imagination today. The value and perception of mechaical watches may be very different.

(2) Can a watch brand sustain its reputation and popularity for another 20~30 years? Many brands went up and down in the last century. What if Patek screws up and become just like any other watches?

(3) My kid may not like the watch at all. I should not force him to follow my own interest and taste. He may be trapped in a dilemma: he doesn't like to wear the watch but feels quilty if he doesn't wear it for me. Watch is very personal.

Exactly due to Patek's advertisement, I have been thinking to pass on something generation by generation. However, I found it very difficult. Now, I believe that the best thing to pass on to my kid is "happy memory". I should spend more time with him, play with him, travel with him, etc. Think it this way. If you can afford an expensive Patek, you can afford taking on leave for a month to be with your kids full time. That's probably much better to your kids than an expensive watch. Yes, once the vacation is over, you have nothing solid in hand other than pictures and video clips. But, the happy memory in your kids' minds will last forever and is worth much much more. Just my two cents.
Jove
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-12-30 10:55
引言回覆

PP可以傳家?如果你有幸看到四五十年前的PP手錶,答案大半會是否定的 驚嘆號
時間不會獨厚PP,除非是玩家刻意收藏,否則還是破銅爛鐵一塊 困惑
ericni
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-12-30 11:44
引言回覆

Jove 兄, 可是 PP 應該都會受到呵護不是嗎?
(我的意思是說, 這一輩因為懂錶, 知道 PP 的工藝價值, 想要傳家,
理所當然, 會從小就開始灌輸下一代, 鐘錶的相關知識, 所以應該可以傳下去)
(若下一代是敗家子, 那當然什麼都無法傳承, 更遑論鐘錶了...)
Freshman
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-12-30 12:54
引言回覆

jenhkao 寫到:

me too 害羞
Jove
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-12-30 13:14
引言回覆

老話一句:廣告台詞聽聽就好 眨眼
就像林志玲吧!對很多男人而言也是藝術品ㄚ,妳喜歡她,如果你有意願與能力,花一千萬兩千萬可能都心甘情願,但是當下美麗並不代表永恆!
十年二十年以後,當年華老去,她還是青春美麗嗎?
時間對於萬物皆公平,PP精緻的機芯打磨有其應有的價值,但是未必代表藝術,更不代表
永恆!至於傳不傳家倒是看個人,可能買貴了捨不得丟掉也可以傳下去,只要是好好愛惜
你手上的手錶,相信 ROLEX, AP,BREGUET.....傳個一代應該也還可以啦 裝白ㄘ
從之前的文章開始顯示:
2頁(共3頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票