發表 發表於: 星期三 2003-12-10 21:58
引言回覆

請問各位前輩台北那裡有賣union表 非常高興
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2003-12-11 10:04
引言回覆

I know a guy from HK is selling a NIB Automatic power reserve, black leather strap. I can give you his email if you want. I thought about it, but didn't get it (I decided to get something else).

I've talked to Union a few times and found out there's no authorized dealer outside of europe. You can order it and they'll make it for you. However, for the price you pay (no discount), you can get a GO power reserve instead. I don't think it's worth it.
TED
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2003-12-11 11:06
引言回覆

半年前,在環亞的典藏館有看過
你要不要去看一下?

如果不是代理商的話
其他台北幾家作二手錶生意的
可能可以問問看
也有可能請他們調貨....

您參考一下
訪客

發表 發表於: 星期四 2003-12-11 17:24
引言回覆

謝謝兩位的回答與建議 裝白ㄘ
不知flyback前輩知不知道GO的品質如何?而GO在台北的後續維修做得好不好?
GO的表與JLC比較起來,何者較佳? 眼睛轉啊轉
cky
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2003-12-12 15:26
引言回覆

我在典藏館看過GO、UNION現品,小弟甚至向UNION要原廠目錄及報價。說實在的,UNION做工真不大敢恭維,除了自有機芯(與GO共用)外,但GO就真的很漂亮,3/4夾板、雙鵝頸式微調、藍鋼螺絲等,真讓人愛不釋手,但如要買GO就一定要買手上鍊,大日期視窗。至於JLC,自有其歷史淵源及地位,但價格也比GO稍貴些,買GO是要看古老工法,買JLC在小弟個人看法是:SWISS MADE & IN-HOUSE CAL.,至於要買那一只?就看個人喜好了(順便提醒:GO賣的地方少,維修可要多考慮)
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2003-12-12 15:29
引言回覆

Hi,

First of all, I want to tell you that I'm a proud owner of the PanoReserve (just got it), so I'm biased towards GO for an obvious reason.

IMHO, GO's quality is up there... probably just a notch below tier one brands like PP, VC, AP, Lange and Breguet. I've even heard a dealer, who has been to its factory, and claimed that they may be even better than Lange (that's his personal opinion). I'm not sure about all Lange, but if you compare the DatoGraph to a GO PanoGraph, the Lange still has a better looking movement (the price difference is a different story). The brand itself is not as well known (which I like, b/c I don't wear it for showing off), but swatch is trying to juice it up, so it's getting more and more popular. They don't make that many each year (~4000/year, not 100% sure), so you may have to try a little harder for popular models.

When you get a GO, you are getting great quality for the price. I think there are 3 reasons. 1) They don't spend as much money in marketing as their counterparts (just look at that crappy website vs Breguet.com). 2) Glashuette is located in the Southeastern part of Germany (about 25 km away from Dresden), so the labor cost is significantly lower than Western Germany and Switzerland. In other words, their overall cost is lower. 3) They offer steel models as other high-end brands only offer precious metals.

For example, a Lange Datograph is listed at around USD 46,000 (platinum), and a GO PanoGraph is listed at USD 10,300 (SS). If you look at the movement, the Lange wins (IMHO, it's the most beautiful chrono movement I've ever seen). However, the PanoGraph offers a great looking movement too. It has a dual swan neck fine adjustment and it doesn't have a 3/4 plate blocking the view. So after taking a 30% discount for each one, you can do the math yourself. Also, they do have a unique look to it. If you get any of the Pano watches, you'd know you're wearing a GO.

As for the history, the company was found in 1845, had a long relationship with Lange (trying hard not to associate with them). When the communist took over, they merged all companies in Glashuette into 1 Gov owned entity (well, most factories were bombed away during WW2 anyway). Unfortunately, they were forced to make a few quartz watches for Russian officials during that period. After the collapse of the Berlin Wall, they were privatized again, and got bought out by Swatch in 95ish.

German vs Swiss is probably one of those never ending debate, but German are anal, and anal people pay great attention to details. If you look through Watchbus, you'll realize I'm probably the loudest, most stubborn German fan around. I like them, b/c they offer a very unique feel to the watch. If you pick up a nicer German watch, you'll know it. They like to use 3/4 plate, swan necks, clean dial, etc. I like Swiss watches too, but for the money, I'd pick a GO these days.

If you are thinking about an Union, then I'd recommed the Senator series instead. Honestly, I almost placed an order. Yes, you'll have to pay a little more, but the quality is better. A Senator Power Reserve w/moonphase self-winding (after discount) costs just about the same as a Union Automatik Chrono (factory order). And there's an official dealer in Taiwan. As for service, I'm afraid I have no idea since I'm living in the US (btw, sorry for typing in English).

JLC is a very fair comparison to GO. JLC is probably one of the most underrated brands in the industry. Just ask for a catalog, and you'll be amazed by the number of movements that they have. JLC is famous for its reverso, but I'm not a big fan of that. Although I think the 2 time zone reverso can be useful for frequent flyers. I like their Master series better. However, if you are comparing watches at the USD 5000 or less range, GO is a better buy. Unless, you want to get an alarm watch. I played with that, and it sounds soooooooo good. My favorite JLC is Master Antonine LeCoultre (of course, I don't have one). It's their 200th anniversary watch. Limited to 200 only.

If you are looking into these 2 brands, I'd recommend you paying thepurists.com a visit. It's one of my favorite sites, and those guys are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Speaking of which, someone started a thread there at one point, and wanted to rank all the brands. You don't have to agree with his ranking, but it looks something like this (straight from my memory):

Top - independent master watchmakers like Gerber and Dufour.
Tier 1 - PP, AP, VC, Breguet, and Lange
Tier 2 - JLC, GP, UN, GO, and a bunch of others. He claimed GO can be in the first tier. O well.
Tier 3 - you can look it up yourself, but I don't want to start another war.

Ok, he just want to open up a discussion, so obviously, you can disagree, but I think it's a fair start. Anyway, this may help you to figure out where GO and JLC stand.

I just typed my longest message, so I need to go, but please feel free to ask any questions, and I'll try to answer them.

FB
antonio
分區版面管理員
分區版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2003-12-16 15:12
引言回覆

我的目標也希望買一支GO說
大家祝我好運

cky 寫到:
我在典藏館看過GO、UNION現品,小弟甚至向UNION要原廠目錄及報價。說實在的,UNION做工真不大敢恭維,除了自有機芯(與GO共用)外,但GO就真的很漂亮,3/4夾板、雙鵝頸式微調、藍鋼螺絲等,真讓人愛不釋手,但如要買GO就一定要買手上鍊,大日期視窗。至於JLC,自有其歷史淵源及地位,但價格也比GO稍貴些,買GO是要看古老工法,買JLC在小弟個人看法是:SWISS MADE & IN-HOUSE CAL.,至於要買那一只?就看個人喜好了(順便提醒:GO賣的地方少,維修可要多考慮)
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔