felixzcx
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2008-06-21 01:29
引言回覆

FoolishWiseMan 寫到:
雖然他是Z2字頭,錶帶扣不是實心的

I think you misunderstood.
daytona is one of the first models with a soild link and clasp.
Yours is z2, so, it HAS a SOILD clasp and SOILD link.

I think I know what you mean.
If you are talking about the thinkness of the clasp of your daytona. And compare the clasp with the one the GMTII-C have, then, yes, the clasp of daytona is a little bit thin. But if you compare new models those have solid link and solid clasp. Then you can easily see what I mean.

For example, 116400(milgauss), 116710(GMTII-C), 116520(daytona), they all have soild link and SOILD CLASP. however, they are still in different size and thickness. Especially in different design. But, THEY ARE ALL SOILD. SOILD LINK, SOILD END LINK and SOILD CLASP.

Those like currnet sub(16610), do NOT have soild clasp.

try to compare your Daytona to a 165xx daytona's clasp, then you will know what I mean.
FoolishWiseMan
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2008-06-21 01:51
引言回覆

i'm sorry
do you mean SOLID??
FoolishWiseMan
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2008-06-21 02:39
引言回覆

well, they both are using same type of bracelets i believe

but speaking of the clasps, there are couple types as matter of fact, and they get officially named

the old daytona, saying "panda", and some of the current datejusts, they're using "Oyster" which is a simple clip-on clasp.

the relatively old gmt master ii (like "pepsi) is using "OysterLock" which is "Oyster" with a security brace.

the current Daytonas are using "FlipLock". it's almost "OysterLock" with a diver's extension.

the clasp of the ceramic gmt master ii (current) is also called "FlipLock", but it's newly introduced "premium". new design improves it with even tougher embrace and even longer last using life. yes it's been used with new miguass and will be on the future submariners.
felixzcx
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2008-06-21 03:47
引言回覆

solid!
sorry for that.

I think I know what you mean, however, if you are indicating that 116710 have a advanced bracelet than Daytona's

and I quote from ROLEX:
116400 MILGAUSS: Oyster bracelet featuring Oysterclasp with Easylink
116520 DAYTONA: Oyster bracelet featuring Oysterclasp with Easylink
116710 GMTII-C: Oyster bracelet featuring Oysterclasp with Easylink
16610 SUB-DATE: Fliplock bracelet

outcome: Rolex introduced Fliplock and apply this widely on their sports models.
Milgauss dont have the "flip" part, but it is still solid. Both Daytona and GMTII-C have the "flip" part. and they are solid as well.
Let's forget the "flip" part, just focus on the basic lock part on these 3 models. We can easily tell that even without the "flip" part, they are still totally different types. And Rolex made this difference perposely.
I dont think that GMTII-C has a premium or advanced clasp than daytona's.
It is not about" which one is better", it is about" Rolex wanted to make a difference".
From my understanding is Rolex made 2 differnet kind of clasps to feature them on 2 different models. no one is better than the other.
If the GMTII-C's is premium, then Rolex will put it on Daytona in the future to replace the current clasp to make a update. But, that's not the case. These 2 clasps are equally.
Comparing 16610's clasp, I call GMTII-C's clasp "premium".
Comparing 116520's clasp, I call GMTII-C's clasp "different"

just my .02cent
James17
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2008-06-21 13:41
引言回覆

留著Daytona,不要因為116710LN而賣
因為一賣,以後還是會找機會買回來
除非是看了半金是超不順眼,就另當別論了
FoolishWiseMan
進階會員