前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2, 3, 4  下一頁
發表人 內容
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2004-07-24 13:56
引言回覆

tourbillon5102,

Now, you are talking more like a real diver. 耍酷 Well, since you started the "attack", it is fair for me to wrap up. After this, no hard feeling, OK? We are all watch fans. That's why we are here, right? As for those who are watching this "fight", it is just for your entertainment. Skip it if you think it is getting boring.

(1) Are you a "Master Diver" or "Divemaster"? "Master Diver" is different than "Divemaster". "Master Diver" is still "recreational". "Divemaster" is considered as "professional" - well, still many steps away from real technical diver or commercial diver. Which one are you?

(2) Multi-system setup is always safer. The main reason of using more than 1 tank is not for the bottom time, but for backup instead. For example, most regulators leak in very cold water, no matter how expensive the regulator is. Unless you carry two rebreathers, two tanks is safer. I have friends serving in Navy Seal and Nuk Sub. They do use multi-system setup offen.

(3) 4 tanks is not 250lb. You can make them "weightless". It is the drag that hurts. You carry put two on your back and one on each side by ropes. Besides, in real cave dives (not the cave dive training from PADI), it is very typical to leave a system or two on the way deeply into the cave.

(4) Speaking of cave dives, there are many reasons why experienced cave divers prefer the old tank system than the rebreather. The discussion is long. I will leave it to those tech diving centers to tell you. BTW, the best centers are in Florida.

(5) Again, in a real cave dive, it is unusual to take off all your gears and put them back on agian. Why? Some pathways are just too small to get through with all gears. Also, were you taught to exchange your gears with your buddy in your divemaster program? Still remember why? In an emergency, you may need to give your gears to another person who needs the gears more than you. As a divemaster, it is easier for you to save yourself than others with a failing system. Also, exchanging gears provide sthe best training to stay calm and learn unfamilar gears, in preparation for the emergency

(6) Most of professional divers that I know did many solo dives to advance their skills. When I did a solo dive, I reported to the coast guard first. If I didn't get back to the coast guard by certain time, those friends in the coast guard would start to look for me. I have been lucky and didn't run into any trouble. But, a buddy of mine was missing for 6 hours. The coast guard and a few of us spend hours in searching him. Well, this fellow got into a carven with air chamber and enjoyed watching lobsters!!

(7) Back to (1) above, I am beyond "Divemaster". As I said earlier, I am on my way to be a real tech diver. Nitrox is for recreational. I did mixed-gas dives.

Well, as I said, just to chat. No hard feeling, OK? I know, and other folks here know too, that you are an experienced diver.
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2004-07-24 14:13
引言回覆

Keep going guys!! this is the best fight I've seen since tyson vs holyfield. 哈 哈 哈

j/k.. I'm actually not a boxing fan and know nothing about diving. It's super interesting to learn about all these stuff though, since I love outdoor activities.

We do need some "fights" here from time to time to make it more exciting. hahaha

Last but not least, thanks for answering my quartz vs mechanical question. I totally know what you mean, since I have worn a digital watch to a ski trip before. The LCD was frozen. So I thought the reason is along the same line.
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2004-07-24 14:16
引言回覆

BTW, take a chill pill before you get to the next round. Otherwise, mr. watchbus may lock this thread. IIRC, this has happened once. 眨眼
tourbillon5102
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2004-07-24 14:24
引言回覆

ok. then you are talking about total redunancy, which is just too expensive for me, each tank would cost something close to 1400 dollars for regulator, gauges, etc although seal these days use rebreather almost exclusively

I am a master dive, which is recreational, and I don't foresee myself going into professional diver program, the two weeks I spend on that deep sea research station was more than enough. I haven't been doing serious cave diving aside from one trip to Indonesia early this year, and I can certainly see the need for four tanks if you are going to do deep cave dive, although at that point, you probably have to worry more about your light and navigation? I don't know, seems like you need a EXPII more than I do if you are going deep cave diving since the ONLY navigation technique I can think of will be the one used by us during our little six hour swim. GPS is useless since you don't have the signal, you can't use star either, inertia nav is too expensive for civilian... This is a interesting problem, would love to hear from you about that.
Hum, I am wondering if we know each other, I actually know one person who was lost for six hours too, he was diving with duel tank when it happened, I think it was three years ago?
Have you tried deep sea saturation dive? You should try it if you have the chance, it is fun and how should I say it, very energizing..
Actually I am not certified with PADI, but I noticed PADI program is getting weaker by the year (I am trying to be an instructor now and have seem a lot of PADI students with a lot of ego and guts but no sense), which is why I asked you because I thought you were one of those... Sorry man, my bad
I enjoyed talking to you, even if it can be edgy sometimes, but it is fun, and I am glad I finally meet a real diver on this watch board
tourbillon5102
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2004-07-24 14:44
引言回覆

By the way, I think I got you guys all mixed up, I thought you were BB..
One more thing regarding the use of mechanical watch from my personal experience. On my trip to Palua(sp?) both my computer and watch ran out of battery roughly 24 hours apart. When you are a island in the middle of nowhere, this is a huge problem. I simply could not dive without a watch since my computer is dead. Luckly, my then girlfriend (now wife) had her trusty Exp2 with her (which she was not using as a diver watch at that time because she had similiar concern regarding whether or not it could stand up to diving). To me, it is either this or sit on the island counting palm trees for 14 days, I decided to take the Exp2 down (the trip itself cost 5000 dollars and I was not about to waste it) Later on, I found out a lot of people dive with their Exp2, especially cave divers, so we kept diving with the exp2, after returning, brought the IWC as it was really cheap at the time and fits over my 7mm wetsuit
tourbillon5102
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2004-07-24 15:14
引言回覆

Actually, after talking to my wife, even our technique won't work since you can't see the sun, perhapes using a rope?
Additionally, yeah, I did do a lot of simulated gear exchange with my buddy (my wife) as it was required even for the very first certificate we got. I mis-understood your post regarding that part. For the 4 tank, I was refering to the weight you have to pull on dry land. Anyway, since people like this fight, let us keep the topic going 微笑
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2004-07-24 16:13
引言回覆

Yeah, tourbillon5102, it was fun to chat with you. It is 1am in San Francisco. I need to get some sleep now. Cheers!
gavinstamen
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2005-05-06 06:28
引言回覆

that's it 眨眼 ?
BarryHo
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-05-09 20:01
引言回覆

我很慶幸我買的是Sea-Dweller. 耍酷
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-05-09 21:00
引言回覆

oldk 寫到:
那些人買ROLEX是錯誤的...

小弟建議以下錶款:
CASIO第一只具衛星定位導航錶款
卡西歐GPS錶利用27顆美國在太空軌道上的定位衛星,標示所在全球任何位置的經緯度,在一般空曠處大約只要4秒鐘,所以登山、滑雪、泛舟、旅行等都能隨時顯示正確位置,並告知前進方向與速度,卡西歐GPS記憶功能強大,可以記錄100個測量點、200個固定點可儲存輸入名稱,還內建100座世界知名高山的所在位置,包含台灣玉山,也提供了全世界主要城市所在位置與時區的直接設定.

如果剛好出事的那天沒電
那就糗大了
從之前的文章開始顯示:
3頁(共4頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔