WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - dive watch story
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
Suunto
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2005-09-09 13:55
引言回覆

Can't get Chinese input to work for some reason, but here is the english version, hope you guys will enjoy it. My very first diver's watch is a no name watch, I was told it was the offical watch of Soviet navy, but it broke within two month, and the worst part is that it broke when I was washing my hand. So much for a diver's watch. Needless to say, my perception of Soviet navy really went down hill after that. I was assigned to Dutch West Indies after college, a little island called Bonaire. It is impossible to not be a diver in Bonaire. Before going there, I used all my sign on bouns to buy a Sea Dweller, only to be disappointed by the fact no one on that island wears Sea Dweller. Half the island wear Suunto, the other half wear Citizen, all of them divers. I felt slightly cheated. Seven years passed, during that time, I have changed all of my dive equipment, but my sea dweller is still with me. Despite this, I can't help but think the era of diving with watch and chart is gone forever.

This year, I went on my dream trip, to dive the Prinze Eugen of German navy, a famous ship of world war 2. Upon our arrival, we were told that even though the ship is visable on the surface, it is upside down and therefore the place we want to go is at 200ft or more, requireing Trimix. Although most of us were Trimix certified, we did not dive much with it mainly because it was not available most of the time due to high cost. I suddenly realized my dive computer couldn't handle Trimix, in fact, no dive computer I know can handle Trimix. We nearly entered panic mode after thirty hours of plane ride. My Dutch dive master calmly pointed to my Sea Dweller, and gave me a chart. Several pratcie dive later, I was face to face with Prinze Eugen. It was more awesome than I have thought possible, and on my wrist, keeping me safe, was the seven year old Sea Dweller. ..
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔