WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - [請教]PP 4857 in white gold is good investment?
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
arsenal
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2005-05-24 08:30
引言回覆

Dear Seniors,

I want to buy a watch for my wife and for investment?

Is PP 4857 in WG a good choice?

It comes with Caliber 16-250, the smallest mechanical movement to qualify for the Geneva Seal. 哈 哈 哈

Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a glass back. 難過

Thanks for your advise.

Arsenal.
jamesyu26
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2005-05-24 11:13
引言回覆

It's not a bad choice. You can't go wrong with Patek.

If this is her first Patek, I do recommend taking 4860G a second look. The calatrava is the flagship for Patek and the resale value is usually about 20% off your purchase price which is not bad comparing with Rolex.

The most important thing is to buy the watch that YOUR WIFE likes.........glass back or no glass back aren't that essential.

新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2005-05-24 23:31
引言回覆

jamesyu26 寫到:
It's not a bad choice. You can't go wrong with Patek.

If this is her first Patek, I do recommend taking 4860G a second look. The calatrava is the flagship for Patek and the resale value is usually about 20% off your purchase price which is not bad comparing with Rolex.

The most important thing is to buy the watch that YOUR WIFE likes.........glass back or no glass back aren't that essential.

Dear James,

Many thanks for your advise.

I would like to give her a surprise. Moreover, she has no idea about watches ...

I choose 4857G b'os I like the moon phase and the dial color.

I don't whether the invest value of lady's PP is as good as men's.

Pls advise.

Thanks.
Arsenal
jamesyu26
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2005-05-25 07:54
引言回覆

Hi,

I wouldn't call it an investment. An investment is an instrument that will create monetary value. I think if you want to talk about re-sale value, liquidity is a key here. There must be sufficient demand to hold the resale value.

Let's get back to the basics, if you like the moon phase and the dial colour, then this is it. Patek is a good choice. Let's not get too focused on the the "paper" gain in buying a watch. Normally, if you take your watch to a 2nd watch shop, they will not based on the new listed price and take 30% off(at least) to pay you. They will take your original purchase price and knock off 30% off. So we, the end consumer, will seldom be better off from the watch price hike.

Just my 2 cents.

新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2005-05-25 13:08
引言回覆

Dear Arsenal,
I had more or less the same experience last year that I targeted the 4858 which was rare in the market. I had waited for more than 3 months that the dealer didn't call me. I personally liked this watch for: moonphase(complicated watch), diamond, small second hand, and the price was not very expensive. One day I went shopping to the watch dealer with my wife and let her see the catalogue. I was surprised that she didn't like the 4858. Alternatively, she chose 4931wg. Since I had wasted 3 months waiting for the 4858, I paid the 4931wg with new price of 15-18% more.
Normally, ladies' opinion is different from us (especially we are watch fans). If you want your wife more happy, you'd better let her choose.
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔