WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - [資料]Rolex Serial Numbering System變革 ....
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
pipi-26
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2010-03-15 11:04
引言回覆

Rolex整個Case Serial Numbering System的結構要改變 ....(從 VRF複製的新聞)
The entire case-numbering structure is about to change....
Please note: the information I report here is genuinely what I have learned in the last 48 hours, so please do not let my facetious comments detract from the seriousness of what is apparently about to happen.
I have today heard from two sources that Rolex's previously logical, lovely, research-rewarding case numbering system is imminently to change. Here's the bad news....
Watches will be allocated random 8 digit mixes of numbers and letters, such as 83EE47G3.
It is further reported that numbers will disappear from the case between the lugs, to remain only on the inner bezel of the watch.
If this is correct then I predict :-
1). We will spend crazy amounts of time trying to see if there ARE any patterns to the random numbers allocated to cases. Shum crazee guy from a scandinavian country with a degree in nuclear science will claim to have cracked the mathematical algorithm that produces the random numbers; we will all accept his claims blindly in desperate optimism, applying his maths to our precious watches and coming up with nonsense until we realise he is just a pot-smoking stereotype wasting our time.
2). There won't be the same fun in discovering, for example, a batch of 5517 / 5514 / Panama Sub / 5510 models, and being rewarded for our research by establishing how many watches might be in an individual batch. How many of us at the moment, if told that a Submariner has a case number of xxxxxxx automatically think "Ding dong! That's a number from a comex / mil sub / Pat Pend DRSD batch?" My ears are never going to prick up at hearing EF674KL6 has just been offered in my shop.....are they?
3). The top fakers will learn very quickly how to replicate or swap out genuine inner bezels, which will be much harder to examine than an exposed case surface / engraving.
4). Many people will be told their new Rolex is fake because it has no number between the lugs.
5). Over time, thousands more lugs will enjoy less damage to their undersides, as clumsy hacks less frequently need to remove the bracelets to examine case numbers.
6). Rolex may, eventually, decide that it should start training watch-makers damn quick to be able to change the glasses on models with numbered inner bezels. Can you find one in the UK at the moment who is ALLOWED to do it? Hardly !!
7). ADs will revel in the fact that the 10 year old white gold mid-size in their window cannot be identified as such an old watch by a spotty teenager.
8). We're all going to need to learn how to take decent pics of numbers on the inner bezels through the glass without catching a full reflection of the dog / kettle / Ting-Tong. Miles will hilariously manage to do it with his elbow in every shot, Mike will be the pioneer in photographing 120 examples of the same watch with inner bezels all shown at the same moment, Bernhard will manage to perfect it with a Hannibal Lecter-esque half-reflection of his sneakers in every magnificent exposure, Jed will be arrested throwing a wheel-barrow full of Nikons off Sydney Harbour Bridge, screaming "I give up!" to the seagulls, Buddy Orchi will probably do something I'll never bother to see because I can't get past the silly third person narrative malarkey.....
I have heard that a radical overhaul of "lost and stolen" assistance is being considered with urgency. One has to fear that this magnanimous but apparently commercially expendable service will be reduced, to the great detriment of the brand and the very long-term intrinsic value which people like me on the front line KNOW convinces so many buyers to go with Rolex.
Finally, I have further heard that both Explorer models will finally be deleted from the range.
Haywood M
(Data Borrowed)

資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2010-03-15 11:26
引言回覆

感謝分享!
拭目以待...... 眨眼
sunjauejin
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2010-03-16 00:26
引言回覆

這...看的好累(原諒我直接跳過) 害羞
saabyang
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2010-03-16 08:23
引言回覆

Finally, I have further heard that both Explorer models will finally be deleted from the range.

上了ROLEX的官方網站,還有上面文章的最後一句話.......不知道EXPLORER系列是停產還是改款??? 今年BASEL搞不好探險家系列會有大動作 拭目以待 耍酷

http://www.rolex.com/en#/home/
whatarex0416
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2010-03-16 09:02
引言回覆

"Rolex celebrates the irrepressible desire for achievement.
The tenacity and talent that allow us to rise to any challenge."

看來有更強悍的探險家要誕生了....... 耍酷
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔