發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-01-16 01:56
引言回覆

flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-01-16 01:59
引言回覆

BB, thx for the pics.

I always thought the edge of the sticker would scratch your skin. I guess since it's wearing off gradually, it doesn't really bother you then.

May I ask why you'd need to peel it off when you service it? I thought you can just pop the back open.

thx.
BB
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-01-16 02:54
引言回覆

from my understanding...when you send your watch fro service..the sticker has to be removed so the case openner can match/lock the caseback teeth. That's why when you see a serviced Rolex you won't be able to see any original sticker on the back.

Rolex's caseback design is the best in the market.
(it also requires more work on it)
I don't know how they make the fake one. The case back looks pretty good! To open Rolex you will need a special tool....it's also very collectable if it's original from Rolex..
訪客

發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-01-16 05:30
引言回覆

I'm just wondering why you said it's the best in the market. In which sense do you mean that? I assume you meant the easy assembly as compare to other brands. Obvisously, it's a super easy to take it off and put it back on comparing to those sapphire back or those "Royal-Oak-like-thousand screws" design.

As most of you know that I'm not a Rolex fan. However, after spending some time here (that's an understatement), I'm having this growing interest in this brand. I'm not looking into owning it (I have no $$ for anything right now), but I'm very interested in its history and its technical details. I think the interesting part is actually how they created the diver watch category and actually being able to market it to hundred of thousands people every year. Scuba diving is not a popular sports, so it makes it even more interesting. Anyway, I'll keep absorbing.
BB
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-01-16 08:48
引言回覆

我講得是勞力士的錶後蓋設計
它是目前所知唯一開錶時不會留下痕跡的設計
瑞典錶迷還是芬蘭錶迷為16570做過透明背
但是防水效果要打折只剩下60公尺
其他鎖螺絲的錶後蓋
看起來很COOL但是維修時打開後
誰人能保證無痕跡
去問問看那個人開錶殼後沒有被師傅留下痕跡的?

勞力士後蓋你要實際去看才能知道我在說什麼
而且其設計以防水為主...我那隻16700戴了6年
沒洗過油防水還是沒問題
鎖螺絲的是靠墊片
應該無法撐那麼久
一兩年就得換新墊片
我講的以實用為主
別人喜歡不喜歡勞力士是無所謂

至於須要不需要潛水錶
見仁見智
至少轉盤很實用(洗衣服停車計時)
防水也很實用
噱頭也很實用(對我而言啦)
我只游泳不潛水啦

還有勞力士潛水錶是實際被專業潛水夫使用的錶
法國COMEX
英國海軍也用它
中華民國海軍陸戰隊水鬼也用它
勞力士潛水錶賣了半世紀
不是單單靠行銷而已

去買本2003 Dec Watch Time magazine....you can find more detail story about Rolex Sub.
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-01-16 12:32
引言回覆

Thanks for the detailed description. I always hear that Rolex is easy to open, and I thought that's what you meant the first time anyway. I know for fact that the Royal Oaks are hard to open. And I think most watch repair men charge extra for cases like that.

Anyway, I guess I've never met a Rolex owner (in real life, I've met plenty online) who is knowledgeable enough to tell me the difference, so thank you very much for transferring your knowledge.

Btw, BB, I'll contact you. I've been too busy to stop and think about meeting up. Plus, the wind chill is -30F outside right now! Stay warm! =)
BB
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2004-01-17 00:22
引言回覆

found this for you:
This is older Exp 14270 not the new 114270

This back design requires a special bit that matches the serrations on the back. The Bergeon bit for the Rolex (#5, 29.5 millimeters) is shown below right. The Rolex system is perhaps the finest screwed back design in production. Used properly, it allows removal--and reattachment--of even the tightest backs without the slightest visible mark left on the watch. Most designs--with holes, slots, or hexagonal protrusions--are nearly impossible to use without some visible evidence left behind. To be properly used, however, the Rolex wrench and back must be perfectly parallel and stable, and this generally requires a true case opener, rather than a hand wrench.

http://www.timezone.com/article.aspx?id=horologium&articleId=horologium0036
BB
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2004-01-17 03:13
引言回覆

Better picture here:
從之前的文章開始顯示:
2頁(共2頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章