WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - Perpetual Calendar?? Oyster Perpetual?? Datejust??
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
Taiwanese
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-10-01 02:08
引言回覆

Hi,

This may be a stupid question.

I am a little confused. According to my understanding,

Perpetual Calendar = the watch's date was designed to include 30 days, 31 days and leap year so the date will show correctly. How can the watch knows the current year and month in order to adjust date correctly?

My father's Oyster Perpetual Datejust does not adjust the date correctly. He has to change the date on the first day after a 30 days-month.

Could it be this Oyster "perpetual" has nothing to do with "Perpetual" Calender?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

114270 (200708 龜吉 Tokyo)
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-10-01 03:58
引言回覆

It takes many special gears to make this work, and there's a big gear which rotates once every 4 years for triggering the leap year date jump.

You are correct. The Rolex "perpetual" is somewhat of a marketing term and it has nothing to do with Perpetual Calender. I think, originally, it has something to do with its automatic movement, which is perpetual vs hand-winding.

btw, this is my favorite complication and I'd love to own one someday. 眨眼

my 2 ¢
Taiwanese
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-10-01 04:19
引言回覆

Thanks for your reply. This has been bothering me for a while.

引言回覆:

btw, this is my favorite complication and I'd love to own one someday.

Are you refering to the pic under your ID? Can you tell me about it or give me a link?

114270 (200708 龜吉 Tokyo)
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-10-01 13:04
引言回覆

O no, I meant the perpetual calendar is my favorite. However, I'd love to own that little movement under my name too. 眨眼

It's called Urwerk 103.
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔