發表人 內容
flyback
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-10-26 03:24
引言回覆

wy02,

This is what I posted earlier:

http://www.watchbus.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103

Basically, I went to a dealer this morning and checked out Breguet, Blancpain and Glashuette. The guy is very knowledgeable (he's the owner's son), and he said he went to the Glashuette factory and saw how they make GO and UG. He said if it comes down to $1000 or $1500 different between GO and UG (which is about right), he would definitely try to get the GO. I saw the polishing myself and it's better than Blancpain Flyback (Monaco Y.S and Breguet type XX, and the BP is better than the type xx). And he said the German are better and GO offer the best value among nice all nice watch companies. I think he's right, especially after he showed me a bunch of GO and a Lange. I still want to get an Union, just because they are made to order.

When I first started looking at watches, I thought the Type XX is cool (I still think it's cool, but not for that price), but after learning more and more about other brands, I don't think I'll get an entry level Breguet. It's just not the same. You can tell it's not really a Breguet if you compare that to a regular white gold Classique. I guess the Swatch group just have to find a way to justify the purchase of Breguet.

Anyway, just want to share my observation.

Flyback
cky
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-10-26 23:43
引言回覆

GO與UG共用機芯廠,各位有興趣可VISIT WBSITE:
http://www.union-glashuette.de/
小弟很想買一只UG,也知道環亞1F有賣,但不知維修方面有何建議?
現考慮IWC PORTOFINO或UG,小弟預算有限,請各位指點
Flyback
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期一 2003-10-27 07:16
引言回覆

cky,

Hi, I'm glad to hear that you are interested in UG as well. First of all, I'm in the US, so we are in a slightly different situation. However, as far as I know, UG don't have any authorized dealers other than in Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Spain and Austria. I've never been to Taiwan, so I'm not sure how reliable that shop is, but I doubt they are getting it straight from the manufacturer. As I mentioned in my previous posting, I went to a dealer on Saturday, and they are the biggest and the most reputable group in my area. I talked to the owner's son and he told me that he went to the GO factory not too long ago, and he's one of the largest dealer, if not the largest, in the US. Even so, he still doubted that he could get an UG for me. As for service, it's going to be difficult. For US customers, we can send it to Swatch in New Jersey, but I'm not sure about Taiwan.

The alternate route which I'm thinking to take is to buy it directly from UG. You wire them the $$ and they'll make you one. How's that going to make you feel? 微笑 I personally love that idea. It takes about 6-10 weeks depending on the complications. If your dealer in Taiwan can give you a good discount, then you may be better off to get it from them. Also, if they have any Bergter (Limited Edition), then you should try to get it. IMHO, I think it looks nice and there're no more than 200 for each model. It's sold out pretty much everywhere.

Mind to share which model you are looking at? I personally like the Automatik Power Reserve Display and the White Face Chrono. From what I've learnt, the alligator strap is one of the most comfortable straps that you can own. And I've read about an IWC owner asking where to find the GO strap for his IWC. If you care about servicing your watch more than the anything, then you should go with the IWC. Else, I'd get the UG if I were you. Or check out the price of a GO PanoMatic or something. I saw that and it's amazing. Good luck.

Flyback
king
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2003-10-28 22:14
引言回覆

Hi~
i like bergter very much...
不過我想在台灣要買的這樣的限量款機會應該很低很低...
倒是我在網路上某些網站看到賣全新的bergter小三針和三針一線款的
不過這類的錶款售價約在美金3000左右
若是以現今的匯率+稅換算起來..也要將近NT:10來萬..
相對的會有某些程度的矛盾..
第一會考慮網路購物的風險..
第二以這價格在台灣將會有許多替代方案..例如GO.JLC.ROLEX...

若真的有UG經銷商還有賣bergter的話~記得通知我
because i really like it
flyback
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期五 2003-10-31 04:08
引言回覆

King,

I think $3000 is about right. That's the MSRP anyway. However, I'm just wondering which GO you can get with NT$ 100,000? What is the exchange rate right now?

I like the Bergter a lot too. Too bad is limited.

Thanks,

Flyback
cky
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-11-02 21:48
引言回覆

Hi Flyback,

First of all,I must apologize for my lately reply.Your kind suggestion was very useful for a freshman in wrist watch.

After checking UG's website,I'd like to consider the automatic series with power reserve.Do you know the list price,or futhermore, the price after discount?Someone said UG was poor finish work than GO and A.Lange.Is it true?Since UG is not popular here,it's hard to fid real one.If I want to buy one,I must place order through a Taiwanese company and pre-pay for it.So I'd really want to know its quality.Can you give me some words? Thanks in advance.
best regard
flyback
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期二 2003-11-04 03:26
引言回覆

cky,

I'm so glad to hear that you like the power reserve. I actually like that a lot too. I also think the Chrono (silver face) is nice. Ultimately, I'd like a Bergter, but that's out of the question.

To answer your question regarding the comparison to a GO, I think I'll repost a link from another forum:

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=234648&messageid=1064256822

As I mentioned there, this is not a firm ranking, but it's a good place to start, and also give you an idea what you are looking at. IMHO, I don't think it's fair to compare Lange to UG, b/c Lange is in the PP or VC range in terms of craftmanship and prestige. GO is also up there. German brands are not as well known, b/c the communist really screwd it up. But they have been rejuvenated for the past 10 years, and their craftmanship is first class. If you'd asked me, I'd much rather get an UG than a Rolex, Cartier, IWC, or Omega. And I'd probably pick a GO over a Blancpain flyback (i like that a lot however), and some other watches in that price range. As in this moment, I think GO brings the best value among all high end brands. I've seen it myself and I think GO did a better polishing job than Blancpain and Breguet type XX (classique is in a differnt league).

Anyway, so back to the UG, I actually haven't seen an UG myself, but based on what I've heard and read, they are not the same as a GO. However, they are still pretty good. As for the price, I contacted them last month, but I don't have the pricing list with me. However, as far as I can remember, this is pretty accurate:

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=207425&messageid=1026293481

The PRD comes to 2300 euro, but I think you can take the 16% VAT out.
If you are going to order it directly from the manufacturer, you don't get any discount, but you know it's legit and they'll make one for you. If you are going to order it from a local dealer, then you better ask them where they are getting it from, b/c I'm pretty sure they can't order it from the factory directly. If you happen to know the quote in NT$, could you please let me know?

I personally am not going to get a new watch this year, so I'll just have to keep looking and dreaming. Wife doesn't appreciate it as much as I do, and our baby boy still needs formular. 微笑
But if I get a chance, I'll probably try to get an GO Senator Chrono or PRD. I saw the Senator silver face chrono online for $3000 b4, but I don't know how trustworthy the site is.

Good luck

Flyback
HYC
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-02-25 21:32
引言回覆

(:H)Just like Toyota and Lexus
從之前的文章開始顯示:
2頁(共2頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章