引言回覆

恭喜入手美錶
可以請問入手價大概在?
air8521
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2014-04-22 00:59
引言回覆

雖然知道樓主是不去RSC的, 但還是好奇問一下, 老勞時代有很多機芯/殼/底蓋都換來換去的. 這樣從日本買回來若RSC驗不過, 該怎麼辦?
從eBay上知道日本有很多老勞, 但去日本買不知道風險會不會高.

Thanks

進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2014-04-22 07:03
引言回覆

Final price, after tax refund, was $225,000 YEN.

I think buying in Japan is a lot safer than buying in Taiwan. In Japan, even if some parts have been changed or replaced, the parts are usually still original Rolex and still the "correct part" for that particular watch/year/model. For example, 1601's end link's (Japanese call it 'flash fit') serial number should be 55. If the original end link has become loose, it can be replaced with a newer end link that is also #55. Since the part is correct, the value will not be affected, even when it has been changed.

RSC is known for changing parts with very little regard for the value of the watch, and often the part(s) replaced will not be the correct part for that watch/model. For example, in Tokyo I found many Subs from 1960s with RSC service papers, but the dial is with luminova (from 1990s), and the bezel also has the luminova dot, and sometimes the dial is original tritium but the hands are with luminova. I also found some ref. 1680 from early 1970's, but the "red" dial was replaced by RSC with the later "white" dial. These mistakes by RSC will really hurt the value of your Rolex. To me, RSC's standard is too low. If the watch cannot even meet RSC's rather low standard, then it certainly cannot meet the higher standard of true collectors.

Basically I would not buy any vintage Rolex from eBay without seeing the watch in person first. I must feel and touch and see the watch in front of me before I will buy a vintage Rolex.
jao0189
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2014-04-22 09:01
引言回覆

布紋面
很有味道 讚
air8521
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2014-04-22 09:14
引言回覆

Thanks for your reply and guidance.
One question, will they open the back case to double check before buying it?

Understand what you said about model/year/part must be the right age even if they switched over, but the right parts/model/year must be known by RSC. Wonder how can we tell if all of them are in correct year without RSC's database?

Besides, sounds like you trust Japan dealer rather than local or HK vintage Rolex dealer. Any bad experience you can share with me or here?

no offence, just want to clarify because I am also crazy about Vintage Rolex and trying to learn more about the market before I buy next one.

Thanks

初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2014-04-22 11:13
引言回覆

美!

上次見您分享過皮錶帶那隻,印象深刻。
想不到又來,真是中毒很深。
MustangRoy
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2014-04-22 11:14
引言回覆

重複恕刪
sorry
watchaddict
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2014-04-22 12:15
引言回覆

To MustangRoy: Sorry I just love 1601 too much, so I keep posting about it!

To Air8521:

Most Japanese second hand shops (with few exceptions, such as high level stores like Evance) will be willing to open the caseback for your inspection. But I tend not to find it necessary, because the staff, even at pawn shops, are very honest and forthcoming. During this trip, one staff at Quark voluntarily disclosed to me that a 1601 I was looking at has a lot of scratches in between the lugs, so two numbers of the serial are not visible. Also, most of the second hand stores will do their own accuracy-check before posting something for sale, so your watch will almost always be within COSC standard.

Every model/year has very specific parts, all with unique serial numbers. For example, the end link number for 1601 is 55, the end link for 1680 is 580, and for 16014 is 555...etc. The same is true for the bracelet, clasp, and just about every part of the watch. So it is pretty easy to know whether any particular part is correct, and I find that the Japanese sales staff are very forthcoming in telling you about incorrect parts (even at pawn shops, where the male staff wear suits!).

There is nothing wrong with buying in HK or Taiwan, but Japan will always be my preference, if for no other reason than selection. Japan simply has many many more pieces to choose from, so you can easily find the one that is the best for your taste, preference, and budget.
rediculous
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2014-04-22 12:27
引言回覆

請問版主,現在日本買錶退稅是價格除以1.05還是1.08?

之前是除以1.05,不知道消費稅調漲之後是不是改為除以1.08

感謝!
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共2頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章