WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - cheap automatic - swatch vs. seiko
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
dbssimon
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2005-10-04 13:14
引言回覆

summarize your opinions, I think it is no good for a new user like me to buy an automatic watch with so low budget, am i right?
adywc
分區版面管理員
分區版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2005-10-04 14:44
引言回覆

Well, I would say :

For a brand new watch with the accuracy you need( less then +-10 sec/day ) of low budget,
you better focus on Quartz watch!
Because there are more accurate and more choice !

And if you really want to buy an automatic watch like that,
either you increase your budget for a new one,
or searching on e-bay or yahoo for a used one...
but also, you need more knowledges to tell it's real or fake....

Are you a young student ?

Personally, I'm glad you like to join with us.
But it takes more time and experience to learn ( to get, to realize... ) how a good automatic watch is !

So, be patient !
Keep learning, keep saving in your pocket, in the near future,
You will find a really good automatic watch on your hand !

發表 發表於: 星期二 2005-10-04 15:22
引言回覆

dbssimon 寫到:
so what brands or what models are example of this movement. I think it is uncommon for customers to know about the movement inside. Right?

Usually the seller will decribe what movement that the watch is using, no matter in stores or on eBay. So, you don't have to worry about this.
dbssimon 寫到:
summarize your opinions, I think it is no good for a new user like me to buy an automatic watch with so low budget, am i right?

not exactly, if you don't step into the world of mechanical watches in the beginning then when will you ?
adywc 寫到:
either you increase your budget for a new one,
or searching on e-bay or yahoo for a used one...

No! NT$5000~6000 can buy a new ETA 2824 watch on eBay.

the cheaper brands like ZENO, ORIS, LONGINES, TISSOT.......etc. you can search a bunch of brand new mechanical watches of those brands.
manytimes
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2005-10-04 18:09
引言回覆

dbssimon 寫到:
I wanna know more too. Push!

Also, seiko '5' series can be very cheap. The price may be up to twice or even more. So what's the difference of the quality? Also, what accuracy can I expect for both swatch and seiko? Thank you.

買seiko 5,如果要有預期的準確度,
可能要靠運氣 驚嘆號

不過,話說回來,
5000~6000 可以買兩隻了~視型號而定
如果喜歡玩錶,偶而拆開錶背做微調,
或者擺放不同方位看快慢表現
其實也很有趣
還多了一個瞭解機械的方法
這也是機械錶的樂趣之一

如果不喜歡這些"麻煩事"(因人而異)
石英/電子錶的準確度應該可以令你滿意! 哈 哈 哈
dbssimon
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2005-10-04 19:33
引言回覆

I see, thank you 'manytimes', MadMax and adywc. I really wanna join the big family of automatic. This is why I spend a lot of time here and other website for more information.

Also, ebay is new to me, I will send more time on it. See if there is a surprise.

For tuning the movment, I really do not have the skills. As adywc said, I am only a student. ^^
manytimes
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2005-10-04 20:05
引言回覆

FYI 眨眼
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2005-10-05 02:35
引言回覆

dbssimon,

As a collector, how important is accuracy to you? There are many ways to enjoy collecting wristwatches. Some people swear by its accuracy and log all of their watches daily to the second. On the other hand, some people may not care a single bit even they've spent over a fortune on a watch. So it all depends on what's important to YOU.

To me, I think it makes the hobby a bit more enjoyable once you can see pass this little "mechanical glitch". I used to log them daily (on different positions, no less) against the official national time. However, after a while, I realize as long as they are consistant (same thing everyday even if it's -15/day), I'll be happy. Accuracy has only become a telltale sign for me. If it starts acting funny, then you know you have to send it to the watch Dr.

This is almost like having a girlfriend. Do you want a stable and predictable one? Or one with wild mood swing, full of drama and adventure? Again, personal preference. 眨眼

Anyway, I personal think that Seiko is a great buy. It offers many models to choose from and can easily be serviced. For the price you pay, it's kind of hard to beat. However, like many have mentioned before me, you just need to test your luck since the range can be dramatic.

my 2 cents.
dbssimon
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2005-10-05 03:16
引言回覆

thank you flyback, you are right. Somehow I accpet this inaccuracy now.

I would like to save more money, so I can buy a better watch with better movement. ^^ Thank you.
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2005-10-05 03:31
引言回覆

引言回覆:
I would like to save more money, so I can buy a better watch with better movement.

Just be careful and decisive. At some point, you have to set a limit for yourself, b/c there's always a "better" watch out there. 眨眼 This can possibly be one of the most daunting decision making process. B/c it can only get more expensive and more subjective. The You can't really wait for the one. And the more people you ask, the more variables would be added to the equation. Go with your instinct and good luck.
從之前的文章開始顯示:
3頁(共3頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔