WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - I need some help on decision!!!
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
vicdeng
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2007-05-11 21:04
引言回覆

I am thinking to buy another watch in the near future. I was thinking Ball Engineer II classic(38mm), but the new omega seamaster (2222.80) really catches my eyes, and they use the new calibre for this one(Co-axial Omega 2500), and they finally make a midsize with my flavorite color dial (blue). But i wasn't thinking to spend that much, btw, i already have a Omega speedmaster reduced. Ball is the official timing machine for the US railroad system, and the Seamaster is Choronmeter, so i guess they are pretty accurate. So i need a suggestion. Thanks
submariner3135
終極會員
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2007-05-12 00:56
引言回覆

Were I you and only these two to make a choice, I will definitely choose OMEGA Seamaster. Come on, Ball watch is no match for OMEGA. They are in such a different territory. Ball watch stands almost the same level as ORIS, SEIKO. Though their movements are both based ETA products( Cal 2892 A2 ), OMEGA has turned them into a epoch-making new model which markedly reduces sliding friction and ensures greater accuracy over time. Ball is the official timing machine for the US railroad system, that's what the advertisement said, and no more now. I think the decision is not so difficult to make, is it ??
vicdeng
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2007-05-12 02:01
引言回覆

price makes a significant different. i obviously know that Omega will be better. but i already have a speedmaster.
Wah
香江特派員
香江特派員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2007-05-12 05:56
引言回覆

In general I agree that OMEGA is superior than Ball in terms of calibre, brand name and resell value. However, some more factors you should also take into account. They are:

Price is one factor. Ball is of course far cheaper.

Toughness is another (Ball is shock proof, water resistance up to -200m, anti-magnetic, working temperature can be as low as -40 degree)

The look and design on the casing is the third factor. It is quite personal and only you can make such decision.

The unique micro gas light is the fourth (Ball's light intensity is 100 times higher than the ordinary material and doesn't need to absorb external light energy)

I will not say Ball is a wrong decision. All depends on your budget and your usage. For your reference.

Hope you can make a good decision 眨眼
submariner3135
終極會員
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2007-05-12 11:08
引言回覆

I already have 17 pieces of ROLEX, my next watch would still be ROLEX again, maybe MILGAUSS, YACHT MASTER II or prince in yellow gold version. It won't bother me much buying watches of the same brand because I would like to spend my money in what I've put my trust in. I believe in ROLEX, OMEGA, but I don't believe in BALL. I believe in PATEK PHILIPPE, AUDEMARS PIGUET, LANGE & SHONE( in-house calibers with high quality ), but I don't believe in IWC, CARL F. BUCHERER, PANERAI( ETA based products, high price and average quality ). But it's just me. The decision is up to you.
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔