開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
calatravayang
榮譽版面管理員
榮譽版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-09-07 10:04
引言回覆

Etacaa 寫到:

COSC: daily variation due to positions, etc, should be less than 2 sec/day. Your PP gained 8~10 sec/day with one wearing pattern and 1~2 sec/day with another wearing pattern. It doesn't pass the COSC requirements. You should ask PP to fix it in the next routine service.

不過cal.315應該沒通過COSC吧? 還是說有Geneva Seal的直接擁有COSC資格?
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-09-07 11:54
引言回覆

calatravayang 寫到:

不過cal.315應該沒通過COSC吧? 還是說有Geneva Seal的直接擁有COSC資格?

Per my understanding, Geneva Seal is of a higher status than COSC. I might be wrong, though.
w20888
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-09-07 12:35
引言回覆

請問一下什麼是COSC?
PP都有通過嗎?

比geneva seal 嚴苛嗎?
daytonayu
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-09-07 13:08
引言回覆

有符合12條"日內瓦守則"製錶工藝生產品質標準的,機蕊上會刻有geneva seal,表示它擁有傳統極致製錶技藝的最高標準,但並不代表它符合cosc標準.....cosc要求的是準確度(-4~+6sec/day),二者標準訴求不同,並不可相提並論....pp全系列機蕊均擁有geneva seal(quartz除外),但沒有送cosc測試(自然也沒有通不通過cosc的問題).......據小弟經驗,pp的準確度普遍遠遜於有cosc的ROLEX,PANERAI....話雖如此,現今擁有geneva seal的機蕊屬極少數且價位偏高,但一些低價位的OMEGA,TAG用的ETA都通過COSC.....geneva seal標準嚴苛的多,但若要求準度,請找cosc 眼睛轉啊轉
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-09-07 13:20
引言回覆

OK, I did some quick study. I found the answer to "COSC vs. Geneval Seal". In fact, they are very different things.

COSC is a test for accuracy. -4~+6sec/day and <2sec/day daily variation. There are also some other criteria to pass COSC. (w20888, you can do a search on Watchbus to find the discussions on COSC.)

Geneval Seal has not much to do with accuracy. It is for two things: (1) craftmanship of a watch (2) location that the watch is made. Geneval Seal is given to a watch that is made in the Swiss Canton of Geneva and also meets specific criteria on craftmanship (e.g. hand-made finishing, etc). So, if a watch is made outside of Geneva, it can't get Geneval Seal no matter how good it is. For example, Lange is made in Germeny. Lange can never get Geneval Seal even though its craftmanship is arguably as good as PP.

Back to the original question. PP seldom sends its watches to COSC. It figures that it doesn't need to be COSC certified to be viewed as "accurate watches". Can every PP watch pass COSC tests? Nobody knows. However, if your PP gains more than 6 sec/day, sorry, PP is not obligated to fix it for you. (However, normally, a good PP dealer will fix it for you.)

On the other hand, except a few "older models", all ROLEX watches pass COSC. In other words, ROLEX is obligated to regulate your watch within the 2-year warranty period for free.

In short, COSC is for "performance" and Geneval Seal is for "craftmanship". ROLEX is arguably the most accurate mechanical watch. And, PP is arguably of the best craftmanship.
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-09-07 13:29
引言回覆

daytonayu 寫到:
話雖如此,現今擁有geneva seal的機蕊屬極少數且價位偏高

Per my understanding, Geneva Seal is becoming more a marketing thing than an award. The reguirement on "location" rules out all good watches made outside of Geneva. Personally, I don't like this kind of discrimination. If a great watch is made outside of Geneva, so what? If a watch is really great but made in Taiwan, I will still highly appreciate it.
calatravayang
榮譽版面管理員
榮譽版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-09-07 14:39
引言回覆

Etacaa 寫到:
daytonayu 寫到:
話雖如此,現今擁有geneva seal的機蕊屬極少數且價位偏高

Per my understanding, Geneva Seal is becoming more a marketing thing than an award. The reguirement on "location" rules out all good watches made outside of Geneva. Personally, I don't like this kind of discrimination. If a great watch is made outside of Geneva, so what? If a watch is really great but made in Taiwan, I will still highly appreciate it.

當然啦,沒有Geneva Seal的不代表沒有工藝價值,但如果有,起碼就表示通過了高標準
csyangd
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-09-07 22:28
引言回覆

同時擁有COSC和Geneva Seal的表相當稀少,限量佔大多數,價格通常相當高,像是PP十日鏈,十日鏈加上陀飛輪也是 眼睛轉啊轉
givenhua
違例停權
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-09-07 22:43
引言回覆

各位大大..