ahsiang_2002
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2007-09-20 10:38
引言回覆

請看Asian Business, March 1983

http://journeytoforever.org/keith_hor.html

裡面提到:

"Now, of course, with the advent of the electronic watch, the centuries of development in mechanical watchmaking have drawn to a close. There is no more future for mechanical watches, excepting as antiques. This is a logical development, but yes, in a way it is a pity. Yet the story continues: the first electronic watches, made in 1947, are now valued collectors" items, and very rare, for they too are documents of human evolution.

"We have noticed in the last 10 or 15 years that collectors are becoming very professional, extremely knowledgeable. There is now an excellent literature of 400-500 books on the subject, covering the lives of the master watchmakers and many aspects of their art, including such associated subjects as enamel painting. The interest is mainly historical, and this is a fascinating point of view from which to study history. From the point of view of art collection, this gives fine watches a meaning and a dynamic aspect, and an opportunity for involvement, that fine paintings simply do not have.

"So many great men have collected watches in the past: Charlemagne, Napoleon -- many of the great figures, and most great men of science.

"Today there are many collectors: there are 40,000 members of the antique watch association in the US; more than 10,000 in Europe; more than 3,000 in Britain, and a rapidly growing number in East Asia. In Hong Kong there are now many collectors: Li Ka-shing and Michael Sandberg, for instance, both have good collections. Many less well-known people, with much less money, are also collectors.

"The market is constantly developing: there is no danger that all the best pieces will become locked up in museums or other stable collections, causing market stagnation. Many of our clients are investors as well as collectors, and this ensures that good pieces will always be available.

"As for their investment value, I will give an example: in 1954, King Farouk's collection of 89 antique watches was sold in Cairo for a total of £110,000; I recently sold one of those watches, and not the best one in the collection, for more than £110,000. Of course this is not always the case, it is very difficult to find an accurate average. The best advice is to buy the best quality you can afford. The better the quality, the greater the likelihood that the value will increase significantly."

Antiquorum's Hong Kong sale has become a major event in the watch collector's calendar. Patrizzi also holds annual auctions in Geneva and New York, but the best pieces are reserved for the Hong Kong auction, and buyers from all over the world attend.

This year the 150 items he offered fetched a total of HK$6.5 million, some pieces being knocked down for twice the expected price.

The German watch made in 1560 sold for HK$200,000; the magnificent Piquet & Meylan of 1815 sold for the expected sum of HK$400,000; the William Ilbery of 1803 sold for HK$580,000. Each watch was sold with a certificate of guaranteed authenticity which Antiquorum is unique in providing, possibly because Patrizzi is himself an authority and can supply authentication without greatly increasing his costs by seeking outside expertise.

His own wristwatch is not an antique: he wears a solid, black-faced Rolex sportsman's watch covered with function dials.

"I am a scuba diver, and this watch is very useful to me," he explained. "But I love my watch: it was given to me by an ex-president of Rolex, after I had provided expertise for the Rolex collection."

請看紅字的部分 眨眼 , 將來應把王進龍加進去才對! 眨眼
jasonbeer
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2007-09-20 19:25
引言回覆

嗯, 我知道他有收藏錢的習慣......

(不要打我)

Celine: What?
Jesse: Uh, you know...
Celine: Are you trying to say you want to kiss me?
admiral
終極會員
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2007-09-20 19:53
引言回覆

jasonbeer 寫到:
嗯, 我知道他有收藏錢的習慣......

困惑 ...我也有這個壞習慣....只是沒他多... 難過 而且是差很多很多.... 害羞

資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2007-09-20 19:59
引言回覆

ahsiang_2002 寫到:
請看Asian Business, March 1983

http://journeytoforever.org/keith_hor.html

厲害啊! 連1983年的文章也能想起來!
maxspeedau
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2007-11-09 10:00
引言回覆

白手起家的企業家是很節儉的, 會享受的通常都是第二三代

你能想像王永慶戴陀飛輪或沛納海嗎??

可能嚴X泰每天都來"腕巴"還匿名留言勒!!
ahsiang_2002
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2007-11-09 10:08
引言回覆

maxspeedau 寫到:
白手起家的企業家是很節儉的, 會享受的通常都是第二三代

你能想像王永慶戴陀飛輪或沛納海嗎??

可能嚴X泰每天都來"腕巴"還匿名留言勒!!

我覺得嚴X泰一定是watchbus的會員 眨眼 , 不然自己玩多悶~~~ 裝白ㄘ
miniblue
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2007-11-09 10:25
引言回覆

李超人跟鐘錶有極大的淵源
他十幾歲的第一份工即是在錶店打雜
他的夫人就是當時老板的女兒

So many great men have collected watches in the past: Charlemagne , Napoleon -- many of the great figures, and most great men of science.

Charlemagne 查里曼大帝....西元八百年登基....
他的時代有鐘錶嗎??
stevenw211
終極會員
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2007-11-09 13:58
引言回覆

miniblue 寫到:
李超人跟鐘錶有極大的淵源
他十幾歲的第一份工即是在錶店打雜
他的夫人就是當時老板的女兒

李超人以前是在"錶廠"打工啦!! 哈 哈 哈