WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - [問題]有孔?無孔? (Just for Rolex sporty watch)
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
William
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-09-12 10:44
引言回覆

I am considering to buy a new Rolex watch but I gotta two choices. One is F prefix which has no hole on the side case, the other one is Y prefix which has four holes on the case. In my experience, the watch with holes on the case will be easy for changing the strap (either bracelet or leather strap). So how is your experts' suggestions? 有孔的會比較好用嗎? 還是各位大大覺得無孔的較好看? The price for both (F and Y prefix) are same here in Hartfort area. Thanks for your reply. 嘲笑

William
saloonil
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-09-12 13:12
引言回覆

the ones with side holes are better , for practical use , think about putting on different straps , ( kevlar , carbon , etc )
, that will give your rolex a magnificent look !!
stick with those with side holes .
William
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-09-12 15:17
引言回覆

On more question. Are those holes on four lugs make the watch more secure with the bracelet? 困惑 Thanks.

William
saloonil
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-09-12 15:40
引言回覆

more secure ? not really , I think it makes no difference in the security issue . the side holes just make changing watch straps a piece of cake .
think of the enormous choices you can make !! a GMT master with carbon strap, with rubber strap , with KEVLAR strap , with blak sharkskin strap !!
that's making your rolex more versatile in outlook.
think about a submariner with black rubber strap !! that's a magnificent view !! But be ware ; the spring bars of rolex are not like the ordinary ones ; they are thicker in caliber , if you put a ordinary spring bar on , they will be too thin and tend to slip out of the side holes .
William
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-09-12 23:18
引言回覆

I see, thanks for sharing your experiences. BTW, am I correct that Y and F initial are same of price at authorized dealers in Taiwan? Thanks a lot! 耍酷 (Here 阿兜阿
don't care about F or Y or wherever).
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2004-09-13 04:40
引言回覆

saloonil 寫到:
more secure ? not really , I think it makes no difference in the security issue . the side holes just make changing watch straps a piece of cake .

Hmm, in fact, the "see-through" lug holes are more secure. The "not-see-through" lug holes are not as deep. The spring bars can extend fully in the "see-through" version, but in the "non-see-through" version. In addition, if you change the braclet often, it is easier to make sure the spring bars are well positioned in the the "see-through" version.
saloonil
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2004-09-13 12:51
引言回覆

Etacaa 寫到:
saloonil 寫到:

Hmm, in fact, the "see-through" lug holes are more secure. The "not-see-through" lug holes are not as deep. The spring bars can extend fully in the "see-through" version, but in the "non-see-through" version. In addition, if you change the braclet often, it is easier to make sure the spring bars are well positioned in the the "see-through" version.

that's one thing that I didn't notice , agree !!!
the " see-through " version is more secure and classical.
William
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2004-09-13 23:41
引言回覆

All right, I see your points here. So, dear saloonil and Etacaa, you guys suggest me to go for Y initial, right?

William
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-09-14 05:48
引言回覆

Well, it depends on what you want. F is "newer" than Y. So, it may have a better re-sell value. Just "may", not necessarily. (I heard a rumor that the last group of "see-through" versions, Y7xxxxx~Y84xxxx, will be more "collectable" in 5 years. Who knows.)

If you don't care about reselling, yeah, Y with see-through lug holes is more secure and "sporty".
William
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-09-16 12:20
引言回覆

Dear Etacaa,

Sorry to bother u again but I still gotta a few questions. First, I am not sure the one I saw in store within the series number Y7xxxxx~Y84xxxx but I will go for check. However, why the versions,Y7xxxxx~Y84xxxx, will be more collectable in the future? I mean any reason for that? Also, am I correct that after Y84xxxx is the version without the "see-through lug "? The last question is that when the 16710 started to has "etched crown" on its crystal?

PS: If there is any expert would like to answer my questions, please do. Thanks a lot. 嘲笑

William
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共2頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔