WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - [分享]My first review (DD 99.0)
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-07-14 22:36
引言回覆

Before I start this thread, I want to thank Papageno for introducing D.Dornblueth & Sohn to me and everyone else here. Also, I want to thank my colleague BL for letting me taking some amateur grade pictures.

Now, in order to extend the great Watchbus heritage, here's my first ever watch review. Although it's not my watch, I have witnessed it since the beginning. I'm talking about it being ordered on 12/4/03, and seeing it the first time on 7/6/04. A "good" 7 months wait indeed. I'm sure it's a tough period for many soon to be owners, but I hope I can help easing out the concerns for you all. Here's what I have.

Let's first look at the box. It's very well crafted. It's actually a lot smaller than I thought, but the size is just right. The surface is very smooth. My only complain is the lock being a bit tight.

If you look at the interior, you'd notice the hole on the top cover, and a little compartment to keep the warranty card. I think it's pretty nice to have the little hole. It's unique and you can use it as decoration while not wearing it.

The focus of this picture is not very good, but I was hoping to capture the interior as well as the cushion. The cushion size is just perfect. I personally hate those tiny ones that you get for your regular watch case. I have one of those, and it doesn't look very elegant. Overall, the case is well proportioned and matches very well with the watch.

Now, let's look at the meat of the lineup--the dial. It's fair to say that no picture can do DD any justice. I can't really capture the beauty of it, but it's not really white. It kind of "shines" through the crystal. It's not the mother of the pearl type of shine, but it has a very nice reflection.

The back is absolutely stunning. The balance wheel is much bigger than I thought which is great, because it gives you a much better view. The swan neck also has a nice touch. Polishing wise, I think DD did a great job on the movement. However, I feel that he can make the edge of the back a bit smoother. There are a few sharp edges, but it's not bad.

I'm not sure the engraving on the crown is something new, but it's a cool thing to have.

Finally, the hands, they are actually made of blue steel, but my little camera can't capture it. The greatest part is the minute hand that curves. It's absolutely beautiful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The winding feels very much like the GO Pano Series, except it's a little tighter. It feels good though.

The strap is very nice and soft, but I think DD can improve on the engraving on the buckle. The word Dornblueth is a little rough. But again, I don't think anyone should pick on that. I like the look of the strap. Normally, I'm not a brown strap guy, but this is one of the nicer ones.

The only thing I don't have right now is information regarding its accuracy. My friend doesn't really care, so he hasn't been checking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My general impression after looking at the real thing is that, it's worth the wait. If you have the "spare change" and don't mind the long wait, then this is really the best deal you can find. Handcrafted and highly polished, you can't really ask for more for about USD3000. I can't think of any brand that gives you this kinda of visual pleasure for this price.

If you really want something negative, then I'd say the following:

1) Not an in-house movement. After a while, I realize in-house is not always the best. Many AHCI members don't have their own movement, but I'd take their watches in any given day. Seiko is probably the biggest in-house manufacture, but can you really compare it to Philippe Dufour? In-house or not is the fact, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

2) Some rough edges on the back and the buckle. As I mentioned, it's very minor.

3) Pre-sale and post-sale services. I think the general feeling is that, they are not very good at communicating.

4) The wait.

This is it guys and gals. Please leave comments.

flyback.
calatravayang
榮譽版面管理員
榮譽版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-07-14 23:20
引言回覆

先感謝flyback兄又為大家帶來精彩的文章和圖片 <(_ _)>

雖然照片不很清晰,但看起來還是頗吸引我的 :p
我也大致上同意你的看法,它的確是物超所值...

另外有個疑問,在錶背特寫的那張照片裡
圖的左上角有一塊似乎有不少斑點,那是否是照相的問題?

其實在最近這陣子考慮買新錶的時候,考慮越多就越覺得
即使市面上的品牌這麼多,但也不一定能夠找到一支符合自己所有需求的手錶
透過溝通,獨立製錶師卻有可能達到一般商業化的品牌所不能給錶迷的
如果能帶起這股風潮,我想也是大家所樂見的

順帶回應一下你曾經回答我的問題:為什麼不考慮獨立製錶師的作品?
雖然說我也很嚮往這種買錶的模式,不過對現在的我來說
擁有一支可靠實用且同時具有賞玩樂趣的錶應該是最優先的選擇
如你所言,溝通上的不便和後續的保養維修可能都會是問題
所以這可能還不適合現在的我吧...

btw,我可能會在最近就購入panoreserve也不一定 :p
Watchbus
腕錶巴士站長
腕錶巴士站長
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-07-14 23:27
引言回覆

An absolutely great review!
Bravo! 非常高興

歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-07-14 23:30
引言回覆

引言回覆:
另外有個疑問,在錶背特寫的那張照片裡
圖的左上角有一塊似乎有不少斑點,那是否是照相的問題?

It is 照相的問題. 害羞 We did it in his office with a black board underneath. Very primitive. The lighting was just office 光管, so it was a little tough. Plus, we couldn't let too many people know we were doing this kind of stuff. 哈 哈 哈
shieh
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-07-14 23:34
引言回覆

感覺上這次看這些圖片沒有第一次見到那種悸動
請不要誤會批評您拍照技術..沒那意思 眨眼
可能見多了麻痺較沒感覺吧 驚訝
也希望DD不要因為趕工而降低了品質
Papageno
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-07-14 23:38
引言回覆

flyback兄,

1.表裝在盒子裡,放在桌上,可以當成時鐘用。
2.背面有六個方便轉下背蓋的小凹洞,我的幾乎是正正對著12點、2點、4點、6點、8點、10點的方向,你同事的稍微偏了點,但這應該沒什麼。
3.你同事的99.0,龍頭已經與我的不同了....我的龍頭沒有廠名的凸字。

很高興本站有了第一篇比較正式的99.0介紹文字。
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-07-14 23:43
引言回覆

sigh, I honestly wish I could take the watch home to take some better pictures. I'm even willing to give him my PanoReserve as 抵押. At least give me the tripod. 難過到哭

Papageno, do you feel that the "背蓋的小凹洞" a little rough. I found the edge a little sharp.
king
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-07-15 09:56
引言回覆

之前都是在timezone上看人家寫D.D的文章.
這次在watchbus看flyback兄寫的,感覺更棒!

從新舊版的龍頭來看,D.D已經開始做了某部分的改進(Timezone上有不繡鋼鍊帶)
還有我發現flyback兄拍的木盒照片,在內側的圓孔下,好處多了一些字(不曉得寫些什麼?!)
不曉得是貼上去的?還是烙刻上去的?
sadinfish
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-07-15 11:33
引言回覆

美得很呢!!!!!!
我巳等了2個月了 害羞 害羞
sadinfish
yym
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-07-15 11:39
引言回覆

shieh 寫到:
感覺上這次看這些圖片沒有第一次見到那種悸動
請不要誤會批評您拍照技術..沒那意思 眨眼
可能見多了麻痺較沒感覺吧 驚訝
也希望DD不要因為趕工而降低了品質

也希望DD不要因為趕工而降低了品質 困惑 This is my biggest concern now!
I am getting mine in the next few weeks.
Flyback, can you please find out the accuracy? Many thanks.
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共3頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔